Tuesday, January 12, 2010

things that make me smile

I want to journal but I'm going to settle for blogging instead.  A friend of mine makes "like lists" on her blog.  I decided to do the same but so as to not completely pirate it, mine will be a smile list :)

1.  The way JJ says, "Mmmm, it tastes like yummy!"

2.  The Casting Crowns self title CD.  I'm thankful that it is not a cassette because it would be close to worn out in just the last 2 months that I've owned it.  I love the CD.  There are songs for every mood.  It can bring me to a place of worship, it can minister to my wounded heart, it is a love song from my savior, and it can convict me.  Every day I have a new "favorite" song from that CD that I play over and over and over.  Two of my kids are getting tired of it but I've caught my oldest singing along rather often.

3.  I have friends in my life who encourage me to grow in my walk with the Lord, who care enough about me to hold me accountable and who care more about my eternal soul than my temporary comfort.

4.  My new Beth Moore study that I will start as soon as I finish the book I am reading.  The next 10 weeks could be interesting but I'm excited to see God continue to move in these particular areas of my life.

5.  My new boxset of hardcover books that my husband bought me for Christmas.  Dare I admit it?  Yes, though I feel like a dork for saying it outloud, he gave me the Twilight books and I love the shiny new black hardcovers that are sitting on my headboard.

6.  Drinking a glass of Maui Blanc while I snuggle up with a good book.  I was just introduced to this wine by my friend and it is a pineapple wine made in Hawaii.  It is a sweet white wine.  I'm not a huge fan of really dry wine so this is perfect.

7.  My oldest son, tonight thanked God for giving us a house to live in and asked God to provide for the poor people who cannot afford homes and food.

8. The last thing on my list tonight is that my dryer with the school and work clothes just buzzed so I can officially go to bed now!

No comments: