Friday, July 17, 2009

the journey has just begun

I am so excited to see the hand of God in our lives! It has been an unbelievable journey that has only just begun. It would take me forever to relay all the details of how God has moved in our lives and hearts in the last 7 months. This journey started around the first of the year when I first started hearing God's call to move on. Though I ignored the still small voice for 5 months, the blessing from obedience in the past 2 has been unfathomable! The night before Hubby's birthday I was up late getting things ready for the next day. You know, wrapping his presents, getting breakfast prepared so that all I had to do was pop it in the oven, setting the timer on the coffee pot, making a "happy birthday Daddy" banner, and all the other last minute details. While I was doing dishes (Denise, this must be because of you!) the Lord and I had a conversation. It was a beautiful conversation that I don't really care to disclose the details of. Keeping it private though is not because I'm embarrassed but because it was intimate between me and Him and specific to some things that have been going on with us lately. I went to bed so excited that it was hard to fall asleep! I went to bed with an overwhelming sense of purpose, like I had just been given insight into the mind of my Father and His plans for us.

The next evening Hubby and I went out to dinner just the 2 of us for his birthday. Oddly enough, we had a terrible waitress who left us alone a lot. We were done eating and were waiting for the check for about a half hour before she even came over to see if we needed a box and I had to ask for our check. Normally that would annoy the snot out of me, but not that night. We had the most amazing conversation and it might not have happened had we been free to walk around the mall or go see a movie. Often how Hubby hears God's voice is through his dreams. He had a poignant dream the other night that he knew was from God but he couldn't share it until he had processed it completely. On his birthday he finally shared it with me. My heart skipped as he told me and I felt confirmation of what my own conversation with God had been. Two different people, two different methods, one message! I am so excited to see Hubby as he is seeking the Lord and hearing from Him on such a huge level. Not to say that he hasn't been seeking or hearing in the past, just to say that this is different and this is big. I still don't see the whole big picture, but I feel like I may have gotten a quick glimpse of a corner of the box. I am seeing God move in my husbands life in on a scale that I haven't seen before. I am seeing God move in my life on a scale that I haven't seen in a long time. And I am seeing God move in my children and family. I have seen and also experienced amazing restoration in the lives of those around me as well. I am seeing my husband step into the calling that God has on his life and it is exciting!

What a great honor I have to walk beside this amazing man. What a blessing it is to be the one who prays for him in a way that others can't, to honor him in his calling and to be the one he shares his destiny with. I have the great honor of being his helper, friend, accountability, confidant, and his biggest cheerleader! I am so thrilled and slightly nervous about following God's leading in our lives. Sometimes it is scary to step into the unknown, to follow God to the place that He will show us rather than a known destination. My calling is to my husband and our children. Growing up when people asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up my answer was (aside from the occasional, "I'm going to be a millionaire") was to be a wife and a mommy. God granted me the deepest desires of my heart and I have not treated it as a ministry and a calling. My calling is to support and minister to my husband. My calling is to show my children the love of Jesus and bring them up in the ways of the Lord. It's not just my life, it's my calling, my passion, my destiny. It is the reason God made me! And Hubby's calling besides being a godly man, husband and father, besides being a protector and provider, is also my calling. As his wife, I have to be willing to support him in whatever God is calling him to and that makes it my calling as well.

I don't know where He is taking us but I know that He is good and He has good plans for us. And I am excited!

No comments: