Thursday, January 12, 2012

here and then gone

I'm struck again by the fragility of life.  My husband's cousin was in a work related accident this week and passed away.  He fell and landed on concrete and never regained consciousness.  The doctors removed two parts of his brain trying to reduce the brain swelling and save his life. 

He was only 33.  He had a wife and three young children.  He had so much ahead of him.  And now he has left so much behind.  He went to work on Monday, just like every other day, and never came home.  Here one day, gone the next.

I'm holding my children a little tighter today.  I'm hugging my husband a little longer and lingering a little longer with our kisses.  You never know when your last breath will be.  You never know when your last chance to say I love you will be.  It could be in 100 years.  It could be today.

Our hearts are broken.  Rest in peace, you were very loved.

No comments: